A word about this first appointment: it is designed to answer a few basic questions that most patients and parents have:
- Is there an orthodontic problem?
- When is the best time for treatment?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment last?
- What are the costs involved and what financial arrangements are available?
This initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. Digital photographs and x-rays of the face and teeth will be taken to help identify problems and to aid in communicating the problems and treatment objectives. Please set aside ninety minutes for this visit. And please let us know if there are other specific concerns that you would like us to address.
If you have insurance coverage, we will prepare a predetermination form for you to submit to your insurance carrier.
We request, if possible, that all decision makers be present for this appointment so treatment recommendations can be initiated.